AETHEION – Ingredients Defined
We are proud of our AETHEION formulations.
We want you to compare our ingredients to what others offer in their products, if you can’t find what is in a product then that tells you something.
Nothing can be made “chemical-free” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_free) by definition, but it can be made with nature and science, safely.
- AETHEION Development Concepts
- Natural Treatment
- Results over Marketing
- Quality over Size
- Healthy over Hype
- Safety over Cost
- Reusable Containers
- PH balanced from 4.5 to 5.0
SOD Delivery Technology
(This is theorized to have SOD properties which may neutralize free radicals)
Superoxide Dismutase – SOD http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superoxide_dismutase
are essential enzymes that eliminate superoxide radical (O2-) and thus protect cells from damage induced by free radicals. AETHEION, with its bioavailable Cu/Zn, counteracts the effects of overproduction of superoxide by utilizing a mineral complex system that can permeate into the affected tissues.
– The structural biochemistry of the superoxide dismutases
Ammonium Sulfate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_sulfate
is an inorganic sulfate that is a salt of sulfuric acid from nitrogen and sulfur. Ammonium sulfate is a mineral salt readily found in nature. It is used as an emulsifier, stabilizer, and solubilizer in AETHEION formulations.
– Sulfur in Human Nutrition and Applications in Medicine
– Safety Assessment of Inorganic Sulfates as Used in Cosmetics
– Select Committee on GRAS Substances (SCOGS) – Ammonium sulfate (archived)
Zinc Sulfate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_sulfate
Zinc is a naturally occurring mineral. Zinc is important for growth and for the development and health of body tissues. 2800 proteins in biological systems have been identified to potentially bind and require zinc.
– U.S. Department of Health & Human Services – Zinc Fact Sheet for Consumers
Copper Sulfate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper
The ability of copper to easily accept and donate electrons explains its important role in oxidation-reduction (redox) reactions and in scavenging of free radicals.
– Cosmetic Dermatology – Copper has gained increasing popularity in anti-aging skincare.
AETHEION – Ingredients Defined
AETHEION formulations use water that is purified and then distilled.
Ceteth-10 Phosphate http://www.cosmeticanalysis.com/cosmetic-ingredients/ceteth-10-phosphate.html
is a component of the Crodafos™ CES system which is used for conditioning and emulsifying properties in the AETHEION formulation.
– Crodafos™ CES – Surfactants – Emulsifying Agents
Cetearyl Alcohol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetostearyl_alcohol
is a component of the Crodafos™ CES system which is a fatty alcohol that keeps the AETHEION emulsion from separating into its liquid components, it is widely used in cosmetics for this purpose and its safety. Cetearyl Alcohol was chosen over Ethanol which is widely used in other products, but it has shown to create health risks.
– Alcohol in cosmetics – is it safe?
– Ethanol signals for apoptosis in cultured skin cells.
Dicetyl Phosphate http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/701950/DICETYL_PHOSPHATE/
is a component of the Crodafos™ CES system which is used as an emulsifier and stabilizing agent. A Cosmetic Ingredient Review Expert Panel concluded that dicetyl phosphate is safe in the present practices of use and concentration in cosmetics.
-Safety Assessment of Alkyl Phosphates as Used in Cosmetics http://www.cir-safety.org/sites/default/files/alkpht062014TR-post.pdf
Shea Butter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shea_butter
an ivory-colored fat extracted from the nut of the African shea tree. We use premium shea butter which is a triglyceride derived mainly from stearic acid and oleic acid, it is widely used in cosmetics as a skin moisturizer and contains vitamin A. Pure Shea butter has been known for improving a number of skin conditions, including blemishes, wrinkles, eczema, and dermatitis.
– Properties of Shea Butter and African Wonder
– 21 Reasons to Use Shea Butter
Dimethyl Isosorbide http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/702054/DIMETHYL_ISOSORBIDE/
is a high purity solvent and carrier which offers a safe, effective delivery enhancement mechanism for active ingredients in cosmetic products.
– Dimethyl Isosorbide to Enhance BPO Delivery and Efficacy, and Reduce Irritation http://www.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com/formulating/category/skincare/231615931.html
– Dimethyl Isosorbide A long history of safe usage
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_oil
is a specific fraction of coconut/palm oil fatty acids resulting in a more stable and skin-loving compound of caprylic and capric fatty acids which create a dry, silky, smooth form of esters.
– What is Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride?
– No known health or safety issues with Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
Cetyl Alcohol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetyl_alcohol
is a fatty alcohol that occurs naturally in small quantities in plants and animals. It is used as a lubricant and thickening agent in AETHEION formulations.
– Cosmetics Info.org overview of Cetyl Alcohol and its Safety
– Low Hazard Safety evaluation on the Skin Deep Cosmetic Database
Sodium Hyaluronate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_hyaluronate
is the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid gives skin volume by holding onto water and as levels decline with age, skin loses its youthful fullness. Sodium Hyaluronate is the ultimate skin moisturizer.
– Cosmetics Info.org – Sodium Hyaluronate is safe as a cosmetic ingredient.
– Skin Deep Cosmetic Database – No Hazard Rating
is a colorless liquid extracted from oils of plants such as citronella, neroli, cyclamen, and tuberose. It is an organic compound (natural sesquiterpene alcohol) that is used as a bactericide in AETHEION products.
Citric Acid http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citric_acid
is a weak organic acid found in citrus fruits that acts as a natural preservative? Citric acid is used as a pH adjusting agent in AETHEION formulations it additionally is used for its preservative actions.
– US Library of Medicine – Citric Acid
– Cosmetic info.org – Citric Acid – FDA approved as GRAS
Silver Citrate http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.91799.html
is a preservative that’s a “natural” alternative to bad toxic substances that are used in other products.
Silver works by breaking down the cell membrane of the bacterium and denaturing the enzymes within, acting as an antimicrobial. Silver citrate is the salt of silver and citric acid, where silver exists in its ionic form. Silver citrate in the presence of citric acid is a patented compound in a product called Silverion 2400, this is used as a preservative in AETHEION formulations.
– Silverion™ 2400 Technical Data Sheet
– European Commission – Scientific Committee on Consumer Products Citric acid (and) Silver citrate.
Phenyl Dimethicone http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydimethylsiloxane
is a siloxane polymer that is used as an anti-foaming agent in AETHEION formulations.
– The FDA has approved the use of dimethicone as a skin protectant ingredient in over-the-counter products, and the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) panel has assessed it as safe to use in personal care products.
– Phenyl Dimethicone is not on any of Good Guide’s lists of toxic chemicals
Sodium Hydroxide http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_hydroxide
is used to control the pH of AETHEION formulations in a range of 4.5 to 5.0
– A Closer Look at Sodium Hydroxide (archived)
– Cosmetic info.org – Sodium Hydroxide – FDA approved as GRAS
Order of ingredients by the amount in AETHEION® ZC30 Antiaging Cream
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Diacetyl Phosphate, Ammonium Sulfate. Shea Butter, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Zinc Sulfate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Copper Sulfate, D-Gamma Tocopherol. D-Alpha Tocopherol, D-Delta Tocopherol, D-Beta Tocopherol, Citrus Sinensis Peel Oil Expressed (Orange Oil), Farnesol, Citric Acid. Phenyl Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Silver Citrate.