All ChemCream customer orders are DDU (Delivered Duty Unpaid)
This means that the seller ChemCream fulfills its obligation to deliver when it has made the goods available to the buyer at the named place in the
country of import and the seller ChemCream has to bear all costs and risks
involved in bringing the goods to that place (excluding duties, taxes
and other official charges payable upon importation). The buyer must pay all costs and
risks of carrying out customs formalities.
Obligations of the Seller
- Deliver the product and necessary documents
- Packing and packaging
- Freight (of the factory to the export place)
- Customs within the exporting country (documents, permissions, requirements, taxes)
- Export expenses (handling, storage, agents)
- Freight and insurance (from export place to import place)
Obligations of the Buyer
- Payment of product
- Import expenses (handling, storage, agents)
- Customs within the importing country (documents, permissions, requirements, taxes)
- Freight and insurance (import place to plant)
In addition to the standard UPS or DHL liability, we offer at a added cost, financial
protection to our customers against all risks of physical shipment loss
or damage, from any external cause. This needs to be added prior to standard shipment release.All of ChemCream products are shipped using UPS or DHL and are uninsured by ChemCream unless specifically requested and paid for by the Buyer.
UPS or DHL’s shipment insurance meets the general requirements for loss and
damage to goods in transit. Protection is effective from the time UPS or DHL has control or possession of the shipment until the time of
delivery. Physical loss or damage of goods is covered, subject to
specific limitations and exclusions.
ChemCream Limitations and Exclusions
Shipment Insurance covers items in transit worldwide, although
temporary restrictions may apply from time to time as a consequence of,
but not limited to, political, terrorist, nuclear and war risks, or on
the advice of government officials. It does not cover the following:
- Ordinary leakage;
- Loss in weight or volume, or wear and tear of the shipment;
- Loss, damage or expense caused by insufficiency or unsuitability of packing or preparation of the shipment;
- Loss, damage or expense caused by inherent vice or nature of the shipment;
- Loss, damage or expense attributable to the willful misconduct by the customer or its agents;
- Loss, damage or expense caused by delay;
- Loss, damage, or expense arising from the use of any atomic or nuclear weapon or radioactivity.
ChemCream Basis of Loss Settlement
- The cover is limited to the value declared by the shipper,
replacement cost, invoice value, or actual cash value whichever is the
lowest. Evidence may be requested to substantiate the declared value in
the event of a claim.
- In the event of the total loss of your shipment, with Insurance, you
will also be entitled to a refund of the shipping charge. In the event
of a partial loss, you will be entitled to a refund of the relevant
proportion of the shipping charge.
- When more than one shipment covered by Insurance is subject to loss
or damage arising from a single event, the maximum aggregate
compensation for all such shipments is limited to the value of the total shipment value and paid receipt for the products that were lost in the shipment.